Tuesday 16 September 2008

Monetising Flash Games

I have previously made and distributed some simple Flash games to use as viral advertising for my games portal, mainly for use with the phpBB2 arcade and activity mods. Recently, I discovered that you can add advertising in games, such as MochiAds, and get paid for the impressions generated.

I've just submitted a game to them for approval, and I'm going to give it a try. The game is a simple trivia game, and, unfortunately, I was unable to use some of the options available due to my copy of Flash being second hand and about four years old. I also can't tell what earnings per hour this would work out at, as I never made a note of the total time spent on the game. I'll start doing so in the future, although not for the couple of games I'm working on currently.

Still, it's stuff I would have done anyway as part of my site promotion, so it's bonus money anyway. It will be interesting to see what happens.

No comments: