Wednesday 7 January 2009

PayDotCom

I've just started using PayDotCom to promote some affiliate programs. PayDotCom is in many ways very similar to ClickBank, although it does have a number of advantages.

Firstly, ClickBank requires a separate account for every different URL. In other words, you can't sell one product on http://www.firstsite.com and a second one on http://www.secondsite.com. You can sell a selection of products on one site though. Each account requires a setup fee too.

Secondly, until an account has paid out $100 three times on ClickBank, you can't request payments by direct transfer to your bank account. This is a fairly serious (expensive) disadvantage to anyone without a US$ bank account. I would need to either set up a bank account that deals with US$ with my bank, which I would need to have regular monthly cheques in order to justify the expense, or pay a substantial cost each time I banked a cheque, say $20-30. Once these costs start accumulating for every new account set up, it would get fairly expensive. PayDotCom pays directly to your PayPal account, which can often be transferred to a bank account for no extra cost.

Now, I'm sure PayDotCom has disadvantages too, I just don't know what they are yet. I've also added the PayDotCom widget to the blog which promotes popular products from both PayDotCom and ClickBank (see below for example).

2 comments:

Lizzette, QueFuerza.com said...

Hi,
I'm trying to add the PayDotCom widget to my blog lizzette.wordpress.com but its not displaying correctly.

I'm on a Mac. Can you help me?

Lizzette

Foodie said...

I wouldn't have thought that using a Mac would make any difference. Perhaps the blogging software you're using is causing a problem? Can you post a link to your blog please?