Saturday 29 March 2008

e-gold

e-gold is another Payment Processor and quite frankly I'm not keen on it. I'll only use it if I absolutely have to. The reason is quite simple; if your account is hacked by someone and the e-metal transferred out of it - which has happened to me twice - you have effectively no recourse. That money is gone for good.

When you report an invalid transaction, the receiving account has its' funds frozen, but you will never get them back. All e-gold payments are final, and the company will not disclose any of the recipients details with a court order or subpoena. So, unless the amount lost justifies the legal expenses involved in that, and the subsequent cost of an action against the person who stole your money, who probably lives in another jurisdiction, kiss the money good bye. Okay, I only lost about $7 in total, but most other processors provide more security for you.

No comments: